The control panel is a popular tool used to manage your hosting package. The main purpose of a control panel is to provide you with as many useful features as you need to easily manage your website and server. You can control your whole website using a control panel, like installing applications, creating email accounts, backing up your files, and creating databases. There are one-click installers that allow you to install software and plugins. There are several control panels which are free and paid for. Here are few alternative of cPanel.
Here are the top 5 cPanel alternatives
Plesk is a web hosting platform control panel that allows the administrator to set up websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, DNS, and databases through a web browser. It is available for both Windows and Linux, and that’s the main advantage of Plesk. If the you are unsure whether or not to purchase it, a 14-day trial is offered to them.
- It gives cloud backup to AWS S3, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox.
- It helps to Scan, Repair, Report, Fix supported databases.
- It has WordPress Toolkit that makes it simple to quickly install, manage, and delete sites from your server.
- Easy deployment of your websites by either pushing it to a local or by pulling from a remote one Git repo.
- It helps to enhance the performance of your WordPress sites with NGINX caching.
- It can be used on both Linux- based and window-based servers.
- It Supports Multiple PHP Versions.
- You can access your Plesk account from any location, at any time, using the Plesk Mobile app for iOS and Android.
- It is designed for inexperienced users, as it does not require much time to get used to it.
- Plesk license is cheaper than cPanel.
- Plesk does not offer a single-site license.
- It is little expensive for small business or individuals.
- It could have better built in Antispam Features.
Plesk is a per server license, with pricing options for virtual or physical servers, also know as VPS (virtual private servers) or dedicated servers.
Minimum hardware and software requirement for Plesk
- Operating system: Windows and Linux
- Ram:1GB+ 1GB swap(Linux) & 2GB(Window)
- Disk space:20GB(Linux) & 32GB(Window)
CyberPanel is the open-source control panel which supports OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed Enterprise. It is powered by OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed Enterprise for performance improvements.
- Using the WordPress manager auto-login features of CyberPanel, you can access your WordPress admin account directly.
- You can set up well-known frameworks like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and many others with just one click.
- You can create staging sites and easily deploy them to production with one-click using WordPress Manager.
- Git deployment through the interface.
- You can create sites, install SSL certificates, manage DNS, email easily.
- It uses LiteSpeed Web Server ,which is rare in a server control panel.
- It is free and open source.
- Docker manager to manage Docker containers!
- CyberPanel is not created for beginners or companies looking for an easy-to-use solution.
- It should have some user friendly user interface.
It is free to use. But there is a paid version called the Enterprise version of LiteSpeed, which will cost from $0 for one server with one domain to up to $38 per month per server for unlimited domains.
Minimum hardware and software requirement for CyberPanel.
- Operating System: Centos 7.x, Centos 8.x, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04
- Ram: 1GB Or above
- Diskspace: 10GB
Virtualmin is a powerful and flexible web hosting control panel for Linux. It is free and open source. It can be used as best cPanel alternative to those looking for free. It is available in two versions:
- Virtualmin GPL: It is the free version of Virtualmin.
- Virtualmin Professional: It is the paid version & requires a monthly or annual fee. It has more advanced features & offers premium support.
- Virtualmin provides powerful and flexible domain accounts, called virtual servers and sub-servers, allowing users to manage their own websites.
- Virtualmin helps you and your customers to manage mailboxes, forwarders, autoresponders, aliases, spam, and antivirus scanning.
- Virtualmin provides you with a number of tools to help you keep your systems and your data safe.
- Virtualmin performance is generally fast & responsive. Despite its many features and settings, the panel offers high speed.
- Virtualmin makes it simple to migrate to a new Virtualmin server and to maintain backups of your websites, databases, mailboxes, and more.
- Virtualmin GPL provides easy-to-install web applications for database management, web mail, WHMCS, and more.
- All of the services in a Virtualmin system can be monitored using the proper monitoring features included with the software, as well as key system metrics like disk space, CPU load, network accessibility, mail queue, and more.
- Virtualmin UI is not easy to use for beginners. It is designed for experienced system admins.
- There is a lot of option and settings displayed on the interface so it may look stuffed with features that are bit hard to navigate.
- Virtualmin GPL is a free version that offers core features.
- The Virtualmin Pro is a paid version with monthly & annual fee. You get pricing from $75-$200/server per year. It is tiered pricing based on the number of domains & multiple servers.
Minimum hardware and software requirement for Virtualmin
- Operating System: Linux(centos, Debian, RHEL, ubuntu)
- Ram:512 MB
ISPConfig is an open source panel for Linux which is capable of managing multiple servers. ISPConfig allows administrators to manage websites, email addresses and DNS records through a web-based interface.
- It is used to manage single or multiple servers from one control panel.
- It has Single server, Multimerger and Mirrored Clusters.
- It has 4 Access levels: Administrator, Reseller, client and email login.
- You can use ISPconfig in one of 20 translated languages.
- ISPConfig is available for free download and use.
- To run on low-RAM servers, ISPConfig is very lenient with server resources (email, DNS, FTP) and can be disabled to save resources.
- In terms of open-source control panels, ISPConfig is one of the few that support virtualization technology out of the box.
- There are many steps involved in getting ISPConfig installed on your server.
- One-click auto-installation is not available, and the installation is semi-manual.
- Technical assistance can be difficult to locate.
ISPConfig is a widely used free, open source hosting control panel for Linux, licensed under BSD licensed.
Minimum hardware and software requirement for ISPConfig
- Operating System:Linux
CloudPanel is a free web hosting control panel with advanced features for server management. It offers a fast technology stack built with lightweight components for maximum performance. It is built on lightweight components like NGINX, PHP-FPM, and MySQL for maximum performance.
- Monitoring graphs show quick updates on disk usage, memory, CPU usage, and current load average.
- It helps reduce operational costs and increase efficiency by automating processes.
- It manage the users with different roles and permissions assigned to specific sites.
- It has high performance.
- It supports all PHP Apps.
- NGINX Support.
The best part is that CloudPanel is free. It is available for users globally and supports more than ten languages.
Minimum hardware and software requirement for CloudPanel
- Operating System: Debian 11 (x86 & ARM64)
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (x86 & ARM64)
I hope this blog will help you to choose the best cPanel alternative available on internet. If you are looking for paid cPanel alternative then DirectAdmin and Plesk can be the best option.